Sunday 14 October 2012

Butterfly birthday

This birthday card is based on the October DT sketch from Its Crafting Time. The sketch is really simple and gave me the idea for my layout.

The card is made on a piece of heavy weight linen photo paper, size 8.5 x 11.5 (letter size rather than A4) as this gives a shorter fatter card when you fold it in half.

The papers used in the background are 'Miss. Caroline' by Jen Allyson, published by My Minds Eye. The blue is trimmed with a rotary cutter to get the soft wavy edges. The butterfly paper is cut with a Spellbinders dye.

The main image is a Polka Doodles stamp that came free with Crads and Papercraft magazine. It was stamped with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured with Promarkers. The image was trimmed with a Spellbinders to match the butterfly paper. It was edged in Memento 'Rose Pink' and then sprayed heavily with Crafters Companion 'Spray and Sparkle' to give the sparkly laquered look. 

I then took three Tando Creative chiboard butterflies and painted them with pale blue acrylic. Once they wre dry, I then stamped them using a small rose stamp from the same set as yhe main image.

They were then covered in a thick layer of Glossy Accents to finish. Once the card was assembled, I added some pink gems from my stash to make the 'trails' linking the butterflies together, and stamped the 'Happy Birthday' to finish.
Grandma really liked her card, I hope you do too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment