Tuesday 22 January 2013

I see no ships...



So, here is another birthday icon...
This time it was for Becca, the young lady who added the pressure by saying that she looked forward to seeing what would arrive for her birthday!
 
This time I started with a paper that had a large female face on it (don't remeber who its by!) and inking over it through a mask of cogs. The ink used is TH Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
 
I then stamped a swirly border at the top using Versacolor Gold. No one told me that I needed to dry it, so it is a bit smudged and I have spread gold ink all over the background! Mind you, there are no mistakes - only happy accidents!
 
The lady with the ship hat and the sentiment are both from a PaperArtsy (might be a Lynn Perrella design?), the swirl is from the Clockwork Birds collection used on the other icon.  

 I stamped the sentiment in black ink and then coloured the edges up with Vintage Photo and highlighted with the gold.
The Wooden clockfaces are by Prima. I have colored their edges with gold ink again.
The metals clock hands are from stash. The flowers and the swirls are also by Prima (I think I had a bit of a moment - but the Prima stuff is so lovely I just NEED it...!!!).
The edges are hidden by a rather lovely deep red/brown velvet scallop-edge ribbon that I found at ITC and don't seem to be able to get hold of anymore! :-(
 
I know that this icon 'card' was liked because it is hanging up in her bedroom!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment