Wednesday 1 August 2012

Does anyone know what this flower is?

At school we are having a new sensory garden built over the Summer. I have been goin in and taking photos of it as it grows and develops. Whilst hunting around, I found a wonderful deep purple and white flower that the bees seem to love and got some great pictures.
The only problem is, I dont know what the plant is! Answers on a post card....
The photos that I took inspired me to do some scrapbooking. I chose two images with bees on and created a page using the first of the new Its Crafting Time DT challenges.
The first four are listed below...

1.     06.08.12 Pink & Black Cathy, Anesha, May, Jan
2.     13.08.12 Faces Michelle, Laura, Mel, Alison
3.     20.08.12 Supplied Product Cathy, Anesha, May, Jan
4.     27.08.12 Sketch Michelle, Laura, Mel, Alison


I started with a sheet of Bazzil that I colour matched to the flowers. Then I sprayed Prima resist canvas flowers and butterflies with a mixture of Tattered Angels glimmer mists, Dylusions spray inks and Cosmic Shimmer misting inks.
I matted the two photos onto MMI papers from the same set.
Once I had all of the parts laid out on the sheet, I then decided that the layout needed something else, so I decided to stamp the corner.
All of the stamps are by Inkylicious and the inks are Memento. I started with the black and then added 3 tones of pink/purple. The sentiment is also from the Inkylicious range.
Once everything was stuck in place, I added the sticky gems - you can never have too much bling!!!

This is designed for the ITC DT challenge:

4 comments:

  1. I was right! It is Bear's Breeches (Acanthus)! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have many talents, photography being one of them for sure!!! Beautiful layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a clue what the flower is, but your pix and LO are stunning!

    ReplyDelete