So, here is my emergency contribution to sibling happiness:
The card blank is 8x8 scallop edge from Craftwork Cards
I inked through a cogs design mask from 'A Touch of...' using dried marigold Distress Ink.
Then I inked over it using a clock design mask also from 'A Touch of...' using aged mahogany Distress Ink.
I cut the first mat from a book page using a scallop edge Spellbinders die then embossed and inked through using the aged mahogany.
Then I randomly stamped a key design around the edges, also in aged mahogany.
The next layer was cut using the next smallest Spellbinders die.
The image of the little boy was stamped in vintage photo distress in. The edges where also inked in aged mahogany.
The large key comes from a Prima Resistant Canvas set. I inked it up with the all three Distress Inks. I decided the colours weren't defined enough so I held a henna colour Promarker against it in several places.The clock face is from Kanban and the hands are from mystash.
The two paper strips are from Graphic 45 paper.
The ribbon and sticky gems were added next and then I masked off the card so just the little boy showed. I was going to spray with Glimmer Mist, but remembered that distress inks are water based, so I sprayed with Spray and Sparkle (Crafters Companion) instead.
To make everything tie together, I then inked through the cogs mask in aged marigold on the inside. Then I inked up the little boy stamp in vintage photo, stamped it onto scrap paper, sprayed the stamp lightly with water to reactivate any remaining ink and then stamped the image. This gave a much lighter effect.
I also repeated this on the envelope, this time inking the little boy in both aged mahogany and vintage photo.
Having sorted my man, I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:
http://atcswithattitude.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge #19 anything goes