Thursday 9 February 2012

Hiding in the craft room...

After the stress and distress of yesterday, today I threw myself into crafting. It is great to get covered in ink, glue and paint (all down my t-shirt and nice jeans...!) instead of thinking too much.

Today I have been playing with projects at 'Its Crafting Time'. I have made a shadow box to take my 'Past Times' ATC's, made a mono-chrome project using the new Indigo-Blu stamps and played with Aloysius...

The 12x12 shadow box is by 'Twidleybitz'. I have painted it with matte mushroom acrylic and then stamped it with Artemio 'Tea Time' stamps to match the ATC's.
The background paper is another from the 'Past Times' range.
The only alteration that I have made to the page is to add the same blue and red Memento ink that I used on the ATC's.
It will be going to Stamporama with Nina...
This is 'Aloysius'. I love this little teddy from the new Indigo-Blu. It does have a 'Happy Birthday' caption stamp wih it, but haven't played with that bit yet.
I have stamped him once in brown, and then in two different blacks.
The top bear has been brushed over with distress ink and then painted with aquarelles.
Bear 2 has had a colour wash with the aquarelles and then touched in with heavier paint. Not that you can see it, this bear does have blue eyes!
The last bear has been brushed over with Memento Potters cly ink.
All the bears have lovely little black noses that go with the stamps.
I think I might be in love...
This final piece is using the Indigo-Blu 'Pomp and Pageantry' stamp set, all in Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany distress ink.
The stamps are lovely to work with, so detailed and easy to put even pressure on.
I used the Aged Mahogany to stamp and to paint with so that I could put both light and dark accents onto the page.
There is a piece of lace across the bottom that has also been coloured with distress ink.
I did have to give in and add 3 small sticky glittery bits...

No comments:

Post a Comment