Sunday 29 July 2012

5 minute thoughts...

It is 18.04 on a wet Sunday night in July and I am half watching repeats of formula 1. This used to be what I did on a Sunday with my Dad when I lived at home. Daddy and Mummy were always the centre of my world. Everything revolved around the family. And then he was gone. He found another and left us. I know it wasn't done to hurt me but it did. He is not so far away, but in my head he is.
Mummy is gone now too, but she is beyond my reach. She suffered for the loss of Daddy, she grieved but knew he was still alive. I grieve for both  of them.
I could pick up the phone and talk to him, but where to start? (Hamilton has won the race, not sure that I really wanted him to ... glad to see a Brit on the podium, but would have been nice if it was Button...)
Anyway, this stream of conciousness stuff is not easy to do.
I am not sad really. I am just fed up with the rain after such a beautiful sunny week...
Back to the theme of beyond...
Beyond today I have 5 more weeks of holiday...
Beyond next Friday, I have two weeks to spend with the man in my life...
Beyond the summer I have knew students to meet and learn with...
Ooops, is 16.10 and I have run out of time...

A xxx

3 comments:

  1. Sending ((hugs)).. this weather certainly doesn't help! Crafting helps I always feel. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty. I appreciate that very much. Prayers that you're having a great weekend and enjoying your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate this truthful post, bless you.

    ReplyDelete