Friday 20 July 2012

CAS on a black card blank

Hoorah! Its finally the Summer break! The students left at 1pm today and by 3pm I was home and catching up on sleep...
It didn't last long though, the crave to craft struck and I have finally got back in my craft room after 4 weeks of insanity at school (the last few weeks are always so busy!).
I know all you parents out there are bemoaning my 6 weeks off, but I assure you it won't be all fun and games and I do have all the painting, shopping, cleaning and going out to cram in that you can take days off to do...

OK, whinge over now! I love my job and I love the kids (most of them...), but they do rather get in the way of crafting...

So, here it is - my first venture into the craft room since the end of June...


The card is 4x4, cut from folded A4 textured black card from my stash. I have cut mats from silver miri and an off cut of the black base card.  The cog design is embossed from a 'Touch of...' mask which I then coloured up with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink to give a distressed look. The top mat is cut from an off cut of the cogs, using a Spellbinders die from 'Mix'd Media Elements'. I embossed it and then inked through to get the shading.
The metal cogs, flowers, gems and 'with love' stamp are all from stash.

I hope you like it!

I am going to enter this at:
http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.co.uk/ CFC62: Back in Black
http://fatpageswithattitude.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge 18: Anything Goes
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.uk/ Rough around the edges (distressing etc.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you're going to be busy in your holiday!!!!
    Hope you get some time to enjoy it too! :)
    Great creation, striking.
    Thanks for joining us over on Fat Pages With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. Love your take on the challenge, great job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Love the design! Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design, those cogs look brilliant, thank you for joining in with the fat pages with attitude challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cogs are so cool! Love the smokey look you achieved! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of red. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete