Friday 23 March 2012

OK, up to date now!!!

Its Crafting Time DT Challenge - Paint

The theme for the week beginning 26th March is simply 'paint'.

My first thought was to put splodges of purple, cerise and blue paint onto my mat and then mist with water. I then swept 5 blank playing cards through the paint. Some went on really thickly and the last was much paler, as you would expect. I love the colour and pattern range, but I then got too many ideas!!!
My next inspiration was to stamp a couple of images in Momento Toledo Black. I then embossed using clear embossing powder just to make sure the images wouldn't run when I over painted them. This is a Joanna Sheen 'House Mouse' design.
This little girl is from Crafters Companion 'SWALK' range. She is called 'After the Rain'. I think that this has been much more succesful than the mouse and his friend.

This ATC was originally very dark, so I spritzed it with water and then picked up the colour using a clean piece of kitchen paper.
I stamped randomly over it in Momento Purple and embossed with clear powder to create a background.
I took another background ATC and stamped the same image in Momento Tuxedo Black and then embossed that aswell. I tore the edges and embossed with clear ink and embossing powder.
The last step was to then spritz this and lift some colour. This leaves a contrast at the edges wher the original coulour was protected by the embossing.






This final piece was decorated with printed lines made by dipping a piece of card into some of the paint left on the work sheet.
The flowers were dabbed and dragged through the paint.
(and I finally gave in and added some bling!!!!)


1 comment: