Sunday 8 April 2012

Afternoon tea

So on Saturday we all got together for Christines birthday. The photographer was Richard, so the photos are a little wonky!
The cucumber sandwiches were not my favourite, but the scones and clotted cream were fantastic!








So, any way, I made Christines 'card' like this...

This started life as naked MDF from the Decopatch range at Its Crafting time.
I covered the fronts and backs of each piece with purple and blue papers from my stash (HOTP; Glitz; Paper Adventures). To finish the edges I wrapped them with Tim Holtz tissue tape with moths and words on.
The flowers are cut using a Donna Salazar die 'Rose Creations', by Spellbinders.

The butterflies are stamped in Grape Jelly, Sweet Plum and Lilac Posies Memento inks.

The swirls on the inside pages are Sheena Douglas 'A Little Bit Sketchy - Best Friend Swirls'. They have first been stamped in Grape Jelly then stamped again using Flitter Glue and covered with 'Winter Dawn' Mega-Flake.

The verse is 'The Warning' by Jenny Joseph; you know the one...
'When I get old I shall wear purple, with a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me.'

Lucy bought me the ribbon for Christmas and it seemed just right here. The tassle was given to me by friend Anna.

The final part was to add the butterfly keyring with a bow on to make it all link together.

I also made a box for it to go in using Cosmic Shimmer Misting Inks, but I forgot to take a photo!

Anyway, I liked the result, Christine liked the result, and the pink champagne was cold and dry!

A recipe for a really nice birthday tea!



No comments:

Post a Comment